CLASSROOM CURLING LESSONS
The popularity of our School Curling Program was evident again this year and all spots for the months of January & February 2023 are already filled …. and they filled quickly!!! Thanks to the Teachers/Principals who responded to the email messages in December … quick response = preferred booking times. Unfortunately quite a number of requests were a bit late and didn’t get a spot. For those teachers, a list has been kept and you will receive a special invitation next year when we start our scheduling process. Below is the write-up that we place on this page every September, so while some of it’s no longer applicable for this year, there is still some info that remains accurate for the upcoming lessons in 2023.
Hey Teachers, here’s a great idea …. bring your class to the curling rink for some curling lessons. That’s right, the Curling Club offers lessons to classrooms of students, and this has become a very popular fieldtrip, and could be a great fit for your eager students. Under the watchful eye of our club’s certified coach, volunteers teach small groups of students the skills needed to become proficient at curling. It is suggested that classrooms come for two lessons, each 1.5 hours long, to get the most out of this program. The details below will be sent to your school’s Principal(s) at the end of September …. let your Principal(s) know you are interested and ask to receive any/all info from the curling club right away. Past experience shows that once the info is sent to schools the spots usually fill up the same day, so teachers must be prepared to act quickly in order to get their class registered.
- best age range is from Grade 5 – 12
- best size is a group of about 24 students
- lessons are 1.5 hours long – it is best to book 2 lessons/class
- lesson 1 is skill development and lesson 2 is game of curling day
- only 1 time slot this year – 9:30am to 11:00am. We can be a bit flexible on this but no afternoon sessions.
- during the Winter of 2023 possible lesson days are Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays or Fridays.
- we will begin in early January and finish in late February
- cost is $5/student/lesson (plus applicable taxes)
- the club supplies the sliders, grippers, brooms and deliver aides needed for student success
- all students MUST wear a helmet (hockey, skiing, biking, etc)
- all parents must sign an “Informed Consent/Waiver Form” prior to students going on the ice
- students should wear warm and stretchy/loose clothing and bring a pair of thin gloves
- students must carry in a CLEAN PAIR OF INDOOR RUNNERS for use on the curling rink
- for more info and/or to sign your class up, email us at email@example.com or call us at (250) 392-4636.