CLASSROOM CURLING LESSONS
SORRY TEACHERS – We are not quite ready to get started this year, and with the current up-tick in the number of COVID cases currently in our schools, we’ve decided we will have to wait a bit longer before starting this program. Information will be sent to school Principals in late October outlining this year’s school program. There will be a few changes from previous years, some of which are detailed below already. Stay tuned …. keep checking back here for updates. (October 3rd, 2021)
Hey Teachers, here’s a great idea …. bring your class to the curling rink for some curling lessons. That’s right, the Curling Club offers lessons to classrooms of students, and this has become a very popular fieldtrip and could be a great fit for your eager students. Under the watchful eye of our club’s certified coach, volunteers teach small groups of students the skills needed to become proficient at curling. It is suggested that classrooms come for two lessons, each 1.5 hours long, to get the most out of this program. Some more details are:
- best age range is from Grade 5 – 12
- best size is a group of about 24 students
- lessons are 1.5 hours long – it is best to book 2 lessons/class
- lesson 1 is skill development and lesson 2 is games of curling
- only 1 time slot this year – 9:30am to 11:00am. We can be a bit flexible on this but no afternoon sessions.
- during the Fall of 2021 possible lesson days are Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Fridays.
- we will begin in early November and finish in early December
- masks must be worn by all visitors to the rink in all areas except the ice surface
- all adults will be required to sign in with a Vaccine Passport, but students are exempt from doing this
- cost is $5/student/lesson (plus applicable taxes)
- the club supplies the sliders, grippers, brooms and deliver aides needed for student success
- all students MUST wear a helmet (hockey, skiing, biking, etc)
- all parents must sign an “Informed Consent/Waiver Form” prior to students going on the ice
- students should wear warm and stretchy/loose clothing and bring a pair of thin gloves
- students must carry in a CLEAN PAIR OF INDOOR RUNNERS for use on the curling rink
- for more info and/or to sign your class up, email us at email@example.com or call us at (250) 392-4636.