CLASSROOM CURLING LESSONS
Hey Teachers, here’s a great idea …. bring your class to the curling rink for some curling lessons. That’s right, the Curling Club offers lessons to classrooms of students, and this has become a very popular fieldtrip for many classrooms of eager students. Under the watchful eye of our club’s certified coach, volunteers teach small groups of students the skills needed to become proficient at curling. It is suggested that classrooms come for two lessons, each 1.5 hours long, to get the most out of this program. Some more details are:
- best age range is from Grade 4 – 12
- best size is a group under 30 students
- lessons are 1.5 hours long – it is best to book 2 lessons/class
- lesson 1 is skill development and lesson 2 is games of curling
- times are flexible and can be either morning or afternoon, whatever works for your class & school
- day during the 2019/202 school year are Tuesdays, Wednesday or Fridays.
- we will begin in early November and end in March
- cost is $5/student/lesson (plus applicable taxes)
- the club supplies the sliders, grippers, brooms and deliver aides needed for student success
- all students MUST wear a helmet (hockey, skiing, biking, etc)
- all parents must sign an “Informed Consent/Waiver Form” prior to student going on the ice
- students should wear warm and stretchy/loose clothing, bring a pair of thin gloves
- students must carry in a CLEAN PAIR OF INDOOR RUNNERS for use on the curling rink
- for more info and/or to sign your class up, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (250) 392-4636.