CLASSROOM CURLING LESSONS
Hey Teachers, here’s a great idea …. bring your class to the curling rink for some curling lessons. That’s right, the Curling Club offers lessons to classrooms of students, and this has become a very popular fieldtrip, and could be a great fit for your eager students. Under the watchful eye of our club’s certified coach, volunteers teach small groups of students the skills needed to become proficient at curling. It is suggested that classrooms come for two lessons, each 1.5 hours long, to get the most out of this program. The details below will be sent to your school’s Principal at the end of September …. So you can enquire from them as well.
- best age range is from Grade 5 – 12
- best size is a group of about 24 students
- lessons are 1.5 hours long – it is best to book 2 lessons/class
- lesson 1 is skill development and lesson 2 is games of curling
- only 1 time slot this year – 9:30am to 11:00am. We can be a bit flexible on this but no afternoon sessions.
- during the Fall of 2022 possible lesson days are Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Fridays.
- we will begin in early November and finish in early December
- cost is $5/student/lesson (plus applicable taxes)
- the club supplies the sliders, grippers, brooms and deliver aides needed for student success
- all students MUST wear a helmet (hockey, skiing, biking, etc)
- all parents must sign an “Informed Consent/Waiver Form” prior to students going on the ice
- students should wear warm and stretchy/loose clothing and bring a pair of thin gloves
- students must carry in a CLEAN PAIR OF INDOOR RUNNERS for use on the curling rink
- for more info and/or to sign your class up, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (250) 392-4636.